In order for adolescents to become caring, informed, and involved citizens, they must learn ways to: earn and show respect, develop a sense of belonging, and build a sense of personal self worth. Adolescents must also be able to solve complex problems, use technical and analytical skills, adapt to rapid changes in society, and live respectfully in an increasingly diverse culture.
The Maranacook Community Middle School will guide students to make responsible decisions and develop the knowledge, skills, and understanding which will transition them to a successful life course.
The Maranacook Community Middle School Program will support this mission by:
* offering challenging, integrated curricula that build on the basic skills needed to succeed in every day life.
* using a variety of teaching and learning approaches that meet the individual learning needs of each student.
* assessing student performance in ways that promote self-reflection and learning.
* providing for maximum flexibility in how learning opportunities are organized.
* creating policies and curricula that foster health, wellness, and safety.
*providing comprehensive guidance and support services for all students.