Critical Thinkers and Creative Problem Solvers who
• identify and define problems
• gather and analyze information
• draw conclusions and create solutions
• reflect on the results
• can clearly express themselves in writing
• can effectively communicate verbally
• read for understanding and purpose
• are active and engaged listeners
Technology Users who
• use technology to enhance communication
• safely access and share information on the internet
• can critically assess information available on the internet
MCMS Student Civic & Behavioral Expectations
Maranacook Middle School Students will be:
Respectful Citizens who
1. Demonstrate respect toward themselves through making healthy choices.
2. Demonstrate respect toward others.
3. Demonstrate respect toward their environment.
Responsible Citizens who
1. Understand the importance of accepting responsibility for personal decisions and actions.
2. Help others understand their responsibilities in a respectful manner.
Global Citizens who
1. Recognize and understand the diverse nature of society.
2. Know the means of achieving personal and community health and well-being.
3. Will advocate for themselves, and for others in need, in a global society.
Maranacook Community Middle School
2100 Millard Harrison Drive
Readfield, ME 04355
Phone: 207-685-3128 | Fax: 207-685-9876
Rick Hogan, Principal