February 2, 2023
As many of you are aware the temperatures are going to be dropping over the next several days to lows that we need to be mindful of when considering outdoor activities. Please make sure your children are dressed for the weather. As a reminder here is some helpful tips for when it is cold:
1) Wear a hat
2) Wear mittens or insulated gloves
3) Keep your face warm with a scarf, neck tube or face mask.
4) Wear warm and waterproof footwear
5) Wear a water- resistant coat that fits snugly at the wrist
6) Wear several layers of loose-fitting clothing.
7) When it is very cold, or when the wind chill is significant, cover as much exposed skin as possible
Elementary schools have already planned indoor recess time. Dismissal time will look a little different as we seek to limit time spent outside during the loading of buses. We are discouraging walking to and from schools due to the windchill. Make sure to minimize time spent outside during bus transportation pick up and drop off times.
I ask all parents and guardians to use extra care tomorrow and through the weekend due to the low temperatures and strong winds. Please stay safe and warm throughout this cold spell.